A refrigerator is one of the most common appliances used in Indian households. And, buyers have the leverage to pick the best possible type, color, size, and design of the refrigerator according to their needs, family size, and taste. Prices of refrigerator keep fluctuating due to the launch of new features and increasing demand for the best refrigerator in India.
Speaking of superior or lavish models of refrigerators, specifically double door refrigerators, some buyers are ready to spend extra bucks to enjoy access to the most innovative features and added benefits.
Apart from types of the double door refrigerator, there are french door refrigerators and side-by-side refrigerators that are counted amongst the most popular choices in Indian households. Side-by-side refrigerators are normally divided into two sections, fridge on one side and freezer on the other. French door refrigerators feature two narrow doors, divided exactly down the middle. At the bottom, there is a freezer.
In addition to this, there are many interesting things that you could know about refrigerators. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Refrigeration is basically an artificial cooling or human-made cooling. In other words, heat is transferred from a low-temperature reservoir to the reservoir with high-temperature. This process of heat transfer is typically driven by some mechanical means and can also be driven by other means like electricity, laser, magnetism, heat, and more.
- In the case of refrigerators, heat transfer is driven by electricity. A normal refrigerator can spend around 10% of total electricity in a household. Domestic refrigerator power consumption can be normally between 100 and 250 Watts. Over a full day of functioning, a refrigerator can use between 1 to 2 Kilowatt-hours.
- Many manufacturers offering the best refrigerator in India have recommended buyers to keep your refrigerator full according to its capacity. This is due to the fact that refrigerators are more efficient if they have more items stored in them.
- In the United States, “Clean Our Your Refrigerator” is celebrated on November 15th. This day was actually founded by Whirlpool Home Appliances for the purpose of their promotion. Cleanliness plus promotion! What is a combo! Fascinating?
- October 30th is the Haunted Refrigerator Night. Sounds weird? But actually, it is a tradition that was started by Thomas and Ruth Roy of Wellcat Holidays & Herbs (USA). They thought the best time to tackle the overwhelming and frightening depths of their fridge, right before Halloween. They actually wanted to free their appliance free from leftovers before the Halloween party dinner or luncheon. Well in India, you are interested to follow that for the sake of your refrigerator’s good health, it is not a bad idea at all.
- The Energy Efficiency Ratio in Refrigerators is the ratio of output cooling energy to the input electrical energy at a given point of their operating. This ratio is usually calculated with 95 deg. Fahrenheit outside temperature and an inside temperature of 80 deg. Fahrenheit and 50 percent relative humidity. Be it a single door refrigerator or double door refrigerator, energy star is considered as an international standard for energy-efficient refrigerators. It is important that a refrigerator should use at least 15 percent of less energy than needed by current federal standards in order to get Energy Star rating.
- You may find this fact pretty surprising. According to The Guinness Book of Records, the largest refrigerator in the world is located in the Hadron Collider. This magnificent refrigerator features 9,300 magnets which need to be chilled to -271.23 degree Celsius to keep it functioning. This refrigerator is 27 kilometers long.
- Basic types of refrigerators are the best double door refrigerator, side-by-side refrigerator, single door refrigerator with freezer on bottom or top, and French door style refrigerator models. Top-mount fridge style refrigerators are also one of the most common styles of refrigerators available in the market. If you are looking for the best refrigerator in India 2020, you must explore the latest models of french style or side-by-side refrigerators.
- A refrigerator normally sustains a temperature some degrees beyond the freezing point of the water.
- General Motors was the company to manufacture the first commercial household fridge in 1911. The first famous range of those refrigerators was Kelvinator. This line of models managed to take over 80% of the market in 1923.
Refrigerators have a very long history regarding their evolution journey. So, if you think of them as common appliances, then do not forget the above-mentioned lesser-known facts about them. Be it your office or home, summers or winters, day or night, your refrigerator runs all the time. To ensure less power consumption, you can buy the best double door refrigerator or multi-door style or classic single door fridge with a high energy rating. Higher energy efficiency will be less power consuming. Good Luck!