Wooden kitchen cabinets look the best whether it’s their color, their strength, their luster, or their durability. No wonder people prefer them the most. However, not everyone can afford solid wood kitchen cabinets. Which is where renovation companies like Renovilla come into picture. Such companies offer kitchen cabinets made of different materials that aren’t solid wood themselves, but close enough to exhibit the finish and texture of solid wood. Some of the best materials that they use to design wood-like as well as solid wood cabinets are given below.
- Melamine Kitchen Cabinets
Melamine cabinets are the closest to what you’ll get as solid wood because:
- They are made of real wood chips and wood fibers.
- They are bound together with strong synthetic resin that makes them close to unbreakable.
Some of their best features include the following.
- They come in a lot of colors of real wood.
- They can be made glossy as well as matte or semi-polished.
- They can be cleaned with warm water and a cloth.
- Thermoplastic Kitchen Cabinets
One of the best products that is used as a cheap alternative to solid wood, these cabinets are a combination of high-grade MDF body that’s infused with a thermoplastic sheet. Benefits? Well, let’s just say that thermoplastic sheets make these cabinets moisture resistant. Other features to look out for include the following.
- They require very little maintenance.
- They do not attract or accumulate dirt and dust.
- They are easy to clean.
- Polyester Kitchen Cabinets
One of the most elite wood-like cabinets, these are the perfect combination of real melamine and polyester. Precisely, the center of the frame is purely melamine and it is held in place by broad edges that are polyester. As a result, it has the following unbeatable features.
- It is scratch-resistant and moisture resistant to a great extent.
- It’s so strong that it’s actually one of the best impact resistant wood-like materials.
- It doesn’t require anything fancy for cleaning and maintenance. Just lukewarm water and a cloth is enough to rub away dirt.
- It is available in many colors and textures of real wood.
- Lacquered MDF Kitchen Cabinets
These cabinets have no joint. Besides, they are strong and exhibit the following wonderful characteristics.
- They can be painted in colors that make them even stronger than they already are.
- They are resistant to weather change as well as humidity to a great extent.
These are the 4 wood-like materials that are used to make kitchen cabinets at Renovilla. However, they also make use of solid wood to make actual wood cabinets. The solid wood cabinets they make can be made of:
- Maple wood
- Oak wood
These are but a few examples only. The range is endless. So, if your budget allows, there’s nothing better than solid wood kitchen cabinets for renovation.